Reading glasses for men and women, online at Mister Spex
It is a fact: as we get older, our eyes grow weaker and most of us will eventually need reading glasses to help us see things close up. Since this is inevitable, why not choose reading glasses that are as fashionable as they are functional? Shop our huge selection of designer reading glasses and find the right pair for you.
> See our full selection of glasses
See it all with reading glasses from Mister Spex
You use them when you are reading your newspaper in the waiting room, looking at photos on your mobile phone or studying the small print at the end of a contract: reading glasses are a constant and irreplaceable companion for many people, and become more and more necessary as we age. Of course, your reading glasses should not only be functional: they should look good and be as light and comfortable as possible.
Why do we need reading glasses as we age?
Age-related eye problems affect just about everyone. As we grow older, the eye lens gradually hardens and loses its elasticity. This means that the adaptability of the visual apparatus slowly but surely decreases, and the result is that you cannot see things close up as clearly as you perhaps once could. This creeping process, known as presbyopia, can begin as early as the age of 30, and many people notice it around the age of 35 or 40 as one of the first signs of ageing. We have all seen or felt it: you have to hold the newspaper, your mobile phone or a book further away from your face in order to see it clearly. Those who are shortsighted can simply take their glasses for reading. This technique will help for a while, but the truth is this: sooner or later you will need reading glasses!
If you do not want to constantly put on and take off your reading glasses, or if you do not want to change between different pairs of glasses, it is best to use varifocal lenses. Varifocal glasses are like prescription glasses and reading glasses in one. They correct shortsightedness or longsightedness but also presbyopia, thanks to three different zones within the lenses. These are a great option if you normally wear glasses every day. Be aware, though, that only frames of a certain size can be fitted with varifocal lenses. Our customer service team is happy to help you with any questions you may have.
Find the right pair of reading glasses to suit your style
Since you will be using your reading glasses daily, it is important to find a pair that suits your style. Our filters make it easier than ever to shop for reading glasses online. Take a look at the filter options on the left of your screen. Here you can activate as many or as few filters as you like. A few tips from us:
- We recommend starting with the face shape filter. Choose which of the face shapes best represents yours to see which reading glasses our experts think will flatter you.
- Shopping by colour is also a great way to filter down your options. Choose from classic black or brown frames, or opt for something fun and funky: we at Mister Spex are always on top of the trends.
- You can also shop by material. Here are just a few options to consider when looking for reading glasses: plastic frames are very comfortable to wear and are also easy to clean. What is more, you have got the biggest range of options when it comes to design when you choose plastic frames.
- Metal frames are usually made of high-quality stainless steel, making reading glasses with metal frames very strong, durable and rust-free.
- Reading glasses with titanium frames are rust-proof and robust, as well as extremely lightweight. The high stability of the material allows processing to very thin, filigree glasses.
- There are also rimless reading glasses which are quite popular. With such reading glasses, you have all-around clear vision. In addition, the weight of the spectacle frame falls away. These models are a very convenient reading aid and offer you a high level of comfort when wearing them.
These are just a few of your options. Again, use as many filters as you like to find just the right frames for your new reading glasses. You'll be more enthusiastic about wearing them if you love them, so take your time. You are, after all, shopping from your own home so there are no pressure or time constraints - another advantage of shopping with Mister Spex online!
Step into the fitting room - online!
After you have filtered down a list of possible new reading glasses, it is time to see what they will look like on your face. On the product page, you have the option of uploading a photo or taking a photo directly with your webcam. If you do so, a virtual image of the glasses you are considering will be placed over your image. This way you can get a good idea of what the reading glasses will really look like! With this feature, we have really made online shopping for reading glasses easy.
Try them on at home
We also offer this: select up to four models of reading glasses frames and have them delivered to your home at no cost to you. Try them on, get some feedback and see how they feel over the course of the next ten days and then send them back. You can then place your order for the one(s) you want. How convenient!
Quality reading glasses from Mister Spex
Buy your reading glasses at Mister Spex, the leading online supplier for glasses. You will find a large selection of glasses from well-known brands such as Ray-Ban, Esprit, BOSS ORANGE, Nike and more. We also carry our affordable Mister Spex Collection, full of fashionable yet functional designs.
The delivery of reading glasses within the UK is free of charge on all orders over £29.00, and returns are free. Should you have any questions or concerns, simply contact our customer service team. We are here 24 hours a day to take care of you.
Shop reading glasses at Mister Spex and enjoy the following advantages:
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Free P&P on orders over £29.00
- Virtual fitting for better selection
Browse our selection of reading glasses and find your new pair today at Mister Spex.